MySQL Migration Toolkit
Nowadays MySQL is known as one of the most popular database management systems due to its essential advantages such as: cross-platforming, flexibility of open-source software, on-demand scalability and others. In view of this fact a lot of companies using commercial DBMS with high total cost of ownership are willing to migrate their databases to MySQL. To simplify those tasks Intelligent Converters, a software vendor focused on database migration and synchronization, developed dedicated solution called MySQL Migration Toolkit. The product is designed to simplify database migration between all popular DBMS such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS Access, IBM DB2, Firebird, FoxPro, MS Excel, SQLite and MySQL.
MySQL Migration Toolkit offers high performance as it does not use any middleware components such as ODBC drivers. Each converter included in the pack reads and writes data via efficient low-level API, average speed of the migration is about 20000 rows per second on an average modern hardware. Another important feature is command line support that allows to script, automate and schedule the database migration. Once migration is completed, you can store conversion settings into profile to make next runs even easier.
MySQL Migration Toolkit allows users to convert data into a local MySQL dump file instead of moving it to MySQL server directly. This approach is known as indirect conversion, it is designed to get more control over the process. It also can be used when remote connection to MySQL server is not available: the script file is transferred to database server over FTP and then database specialist imports it to MySQL database via the standard tools like phpMyAdmin. The resulting script file contains MySQL statements to create all tables and to fill them with the data.
Other features of MySQL Migration Toolkit:
- table definitions are converted with all necessary attributes (null flag, default values, etc)
- the product migrates data, indexes, constraints and most views (except syntax patterns having no direct equivalent in the target DBMS)
- when migrating database to MySQL the product allows to specify table type (ISAM, MyISAM, HEAP, InnoDB or BDB) and character set
- custom column mapping allows to change name, type, default value and NULL-attribute for any column of the resulting table
- all versions of MySQL are supported including such forks as MariaDB and Percona
- option to merge and synchronize target database with the source data
- support for Unicode
- intuitive wizard-style interface
Just like every other product provided by Intelligent Converters, MySQL Migration Toolkit comes with 1-year subscription for updates and unlimited support service. More details on the software product are available on the official site of Intelligent Converters.